Firefox Error ssl_error_rx_unexpected_new_session_ticket

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firefox Error ssl_error_rx_unexpected_new_session_ticket

L3 Networker

Hi,

after PA-500 upgrade (from 4.1.7 to 4.1.9) I solved SSL problem with Chrome but now I have a problem with firefox opening SSL pages (when they was decrypted by the firewall).

For example opening https://www.google.com I receive this error:

"SSL ha ricevuto un messaggio inatteso di tipo New Session Ticket handshake.

(Codice di errore: ssl_error_rx_unexpected_new_session_ticket)"

Using IE or Chrome all works fine.

I'm using Firefox 10.0.10 ESR

As you can see firefox is correctly configured to trust my decryption certificate.

Decrypt

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

I assume you have fully restarted firefox on this specific client (verify with task manager that you dont have any firefox.exe leftover)?

Because firefox (and IE) will cache various stuff as long as at least one window is still being opened.

If you in the middle of this have upgraded your PA (or rather rebooted it) the cached ssl session will no longer be valid.

After few hours problem disappear.

I don't know why.

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!