Firewall VM for GNS3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Firewall VM for GNS3

L1 Bithead

Hello everyone.

Can anyone please tell me the steps to getting a PA-VM for GNS3? I've been doing some reading and need to practice using a virtual environment.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

You are probably better served over on the GNS3 forums for this.  But the basic instructions for getting it setup are here.

https://docs.gns3.com/appliances/pan-vm-fw.html

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

FYI @Samuel-Henry,

You'll need to have access to download a VM file to actually get this setup. You can request a trial through your SE which would at least allow you to get the files to mess around with. 

Thanks.

By SE you mean?

Thanks.

When I try to download a vmdk file I get redirected to this UnAuthorized Access page. I have tried Get Support which requires I register a physical device but since I do not have one I am stranded at that point.

paloaltogetsupport.PNG

SE = Sales Engineer

PAN does not have an open access demo program you need to get authorized by an PAN employee or VAR typically the Sales Engineer.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

@Samuel-Henry,

Keep in mind that once you've gotten the approval recorded on your account through a trial license, you'll maintain access to these files for as long as your account is active. PAN does not require that your trial license be active to maintain download access; you'll simply have the limitations of a non-licensed product. 

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!