General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
General Topics
Post a discussion here if you have general questions regarding configuration and troubleshooting for Palo Alto Networks products. Use this forum to collaborate with like-minded security professionals to improve your security posture.
About General Topics

Discussions

Join the Fuel User Spark Event on March 19: Dealing with Threats !

Join us at the Fuel User Group Spark Event on March 19!

Get ready to ignite your cybersecurity knowledge and connect with industry experts at our upcoming Spark event hosted by the Fuel User Group. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just

kiwi_0-1709893724672.jpeg
kiwi by Community Team Member
  • 1 replies
  • 2 Likes

How and Why to Accept a Solution to Your Post

Did you know that you can help your fellow community members by accepting solutions when a reply answers your question. Accepted solutions are a super-helpful resource in the community, and we want to make sure our members understand how this feature

JayGolf_0-1691518400714.jpeg
JayGolf by Community Team Member
  • 2 replies
  • 14 Likes

CPSP Program Member Confirmation

Hello, 

I am both domain administrator and super user in paloalto. And, we are partner. I need to get Micro-Credential for Cloud Security Consultant (PMCC). It needs "CPSP Program Member Confirmation". And, I send request and it says, "Activity req

JahidAliyev_0-1710419244646.png

Threat name is Blank on Email report PDF attachment

Hi everyone,

Good day and greetings!

I have an unusual encounter with an email report pdf attachment. The threat names are blank but I can identify them by looking at the "Count" Like below snapshot.

Were this ever a bug or was intended to be

renzanjo11_0-1710747378203.png

Global Protect Portal Issues

Hello Everyone,

We have just noticed that when we are trying to connect to the GP Portal on the web. We are getting successfully connected over VPN but when going on the web we are getting an auth failed. We have cloud auth with azure. 

Errors on

tshoot firewall

Hello team,

There was a issue with 3 urls, so what we did we create rule and all user to access these site where 2 sites are working and there is one more site in same rule is not working,it shows below error.

we see the traffic showing incomplete, t

shirishkulkarni_0-1710745493023.png

Solution for "SSL decryption bypass for Anydesk"

Hello,

I am being asked a lot about why is Anydesk getting a "decrypt-error" end reason when SSL Decryption is active.

Here is a simple explanation and how to overcome this.

What you usually going to do with this kind of errors is creating a Decryptio

OZamir by L1 Bithead
  • 5 replies
  • 6 Likes

Commit error After PANOS10.1.10 upgrade

After upgrading from PANOS 10.1.8-h2 to 10.1.10 we start getting the following commit error.

• profiles -> spyware -> sink-alert -> botnet-domains -> dns-security-categories is invalid. Missing pre-defined DNS security category

Any idea to correct th

Lance by L2 Linker
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Likes

Resolved! Acting on Vulnerability threats

When the Threat log shows a vulnerability, is this an actual attack of this vulnerability or is this something that is using software that has this vulnerability?

Trying to determine when to act on the vulnerability (i.e. block).

If a critical level vu

merrydc by L1 Bithead
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Likes

Unable to export the policy package

Hello All,

As per the recommendation from Palo Alto, I have executed the below commands on the checkpoint MDS. 

But unable to export the policy packets. The Size of the policy package was 1Kb. 

Please advise on this. 

Resolved! Global Protect VPN Device Certificates Expired

Hi Guys,

I'm the first time to renew our GP VPN device certificates. But my certificates just expired today. 

And I checked our old device certificates, it doesn't have the "CA".

When I renew it, do I need to import certificates ".pem" file or "pkcs12"

PA440 Upgrade/Downgrade from 10.1.8 to 10.2.7-h3

Hi guys,

I was trying to upgrade PA440 on my lab but it was failed. (10.1.8 -> 10.2.7-h3)

The following message was output.

==

Operation Download

Status Completed

Result Failed

Details

Successfully downloaded

Preloading into software manager

Trac

Pan-Os Image for educational purpose

Hello,

I'm working on a graduation project about the Next Generation Firewall and would like to use the Pan-OS images. I registered on the Customer Support Portal but received an error and couldn't continue. It seems it won't be possible to download

wiler121 by L0 Member
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes

Having problems with TCP port allowance

Good morning/afternoon/night to everyone.

I'm using for the first time Palo Alto Firewall and I'm having some troubles allowing TCP port 2245.

At the moment I have this NAT Rules:

and I have this Security Rules:

PS: note that I also have some

Captura de ecrã 2024-03-12, às 23.13.36.png
Captura de ecrã 2024-03-12, às 23.14.26.png
Captura de ecrã 2024-03-12, às 23.15.36.png
Captura de ecrã 2024-03-12, às 23.17.58.png
  • 24089 Posts
  • 99 Subscriptions
Top Solution Authors
Top Liked Authors
Labels