Getting device hostname from PANOS DHCP

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Getting device hostname from PANOS DHCP

L3 Networker

Hi,

I'm currently using the PANOS DHCP server to serve DHCP requests to our guest network, as it's seperated on it's own VLAN. I don't want any traffic from our guest network to reach our domain controllers, which serves as DHCP for our other VLAN's.

There is just a couple of features that I feel like I'm missing, and I was wondering if this actually does excist.

I would like the following

• Get the hostname for each device that has recieved a DHCP lease
  • Blacklist devices from the guest network by MAC address (might not be a DHCP issue)

Anyone know if this is possible with my current configuration?

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi as-mg,

Hostname per device, if your are on same network, name resolution (laptop name) through broadcast should work but else, paloalto device can't act as DNS then no name per device

Blacklisting can be done by creating statid IP resevation par MAC and distribute wrong address but you cna't block address distribution. Can be easier to do that onyour switch.

Hope help

V.

L4 Transporter

Hello as-mg,

We have a feature called Host Information profile as part of Global Protect. This feature helps to detect all the host details all that is mentioned on the left side of the image.

HIP-hostname.PNG.png

I would suggest to refer the below link to know more details on the same,

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2020

Thanks

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!