Global Protect 4.0 upgrade to 4.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect 4.0 upgrade to 4.1

L4 Transporter

Is this an easy upgrade, can I just upgrade the GP/ and gateways to 4.1 will they work with the 4.0 clients 

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Community Team Member

Hi @Alex_Samad,

The only limitation I can think of is older PAN-OS versions.

For GP version 4.1, the minimum PAN-OS version is 7.1.according to the release notes.

So yeah, there should be no problem upgrading ^_^

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

View solution in original post

L7 Applicator

@kiwi wrote:

For GP version 4.1, the minimum PAN-OS version is 7.1.according to the release notes.

@Alex_Samad

The new GP agent is backwards compatible till 7.1, but to use the new features you need the portal/gateway running on 8.1.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Community Team Member

Hi @Alex_Samad,

I'm not sure I understand your question ... you cannot upgrade the gateways. 

The portal/gateway is linked to the PAN-OS version.

You can only upgrade the clients.

Can you maybe clarify your question ?

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Hmm, okay maybe my understanding is off.

I have 8.0 and i have gp client of 4.0 .. i thought that included the gateway and portal. but you are saying that the gateway and portal as linked to the panos version.

so can I download gp client 4.1 and start to push it out to my users, with out upgrading my panos on the PA's

why don't they have a document called upgraing GP 4.0 to 4.1 🙂

Community Team Member

Hi @Alex_Samad,

The only limitation I can think of is older PAN-OS versions.

So yeah, there should be no problem upgrading ^_^

Cheers !

-Kiwi.

Cheers,
Kiwi

@Alex_Samad @kiwi

I would say there is no problem with upgrading as long as your users know it coming and what to expect.

L4 Transporter

We silly me.

thanks

Okay, so how do I get access to all the new features if its only client side changes ...

so for example the split tunnelling ?

I was thinking i would just download a new client on my test pc and try it there, but then I thought how do I configure the portal and gateways ?

L7 Applicator

@kiwi wrote:

@Alex_Samad

The new GP agent is backwards compatible till 7.1, but to use the new features you need the portal/gateway running on 8.1.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!