Global Protect 8.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect 8.1

L3 Networker

Hi,

Anyone know what proccess I can split tunnel to allow printing locally on GP 8.1?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hi @junior_r,

Do you have include access route subnets configured? If so, this should be more than enough provided that the printers IP does not conflict with the subnet within the include list.

If not, then you can try exluding the process of "Print Spooler", its full name is "spoolsv.exe" from split tunneling - although I have not tried this myself so there may be another process that handles printing over TCP/IP.

Check out the section "Configure a split tunnel to include or exclude public applications based on the application process name:" in the below documentation.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/81/pan-os/newfeaturesguide/globalprotect-features/spl...

or step12 from the GP 8.1 admin guide.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/81/globalprotect/globalprotect-admin-guide/globalprot...

Thanks,

Luke.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@junior_r,

As @LukeBullimore pointed out access routes are likely what you are looking for here if you wish to configure a split-tunnel connection. The only way that this wouldn't work is if the client in question is connecting from the same IP space that you have specified for the split-tunnel (ie: Client is on a 192.168.1.0/24 network and your access routes include 192.168.1.0/24) 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!