Global Protect Client Backward Compatibility

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Client Backward Compatibility

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We have around 500 concurrent SSL clients connecting to our Palo Alto Gateway using Global Protect version 3.0.1.

If I activate the newest version on the Firewall (Version 3.1.3), will the existing clients be unaffected by this activation and continue to work.

Due to PC lockdown's in our organisation, I can't easily enforce an auto upgrade for the users so would like the existing clients to work as-is and any additional users who wish to use the SSL vpn, download the newer versions going forward.

Regards

Mike

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Hi Mike,

I believe this is what you're looking for:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/60/pan-os/newfeaturesguide/globalprotect-features/glo...

snip:

By default, the Agent Upgrade field is set to prompt the end user to upgrade. To modify this behavior, select one of the following options:

- If you want upgrades to occur automatically without interaction with the user, select transparent.

- To prevent agent upgrades, select disable.

- To allow end users to initiate agent upgrades, select manual. In this case, the user would select the Check Version option in the agent to determine if there is a new agent version and then upgrade if desired.

Best regrads,

Haytham

• 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!