Global Protect for OSX El Capitan

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect for OSX El Capitan

L4 Transporter

Apple just released OSX El Capitan,  is GP 2.3.2 compatible/certified to use on OSX El Capitan?

Thanks,

E

8 REPLIES 8

L4 Transporter

nope

but why would someone kill his laptop with latest version of whatever OS/vendor ? 🙂

That is a great question, if you are in an IT support role and you have 0 control of your clients..  You just need to stay ahead of your clients. 

E

I am feeling really sorry for you 😄

L4 Transporter

Hi,

GlobalProtect app version 2.3.2 -the current latest release of GlobalProtect supports Apple — OS X El Capitan and iOS 9

Hope this helps,

Kunal

Maybe El Capitan is supported by 2.3.2 (it's working, yep) but I cannot choose the OS version in HiP Objects on the Firewall.

I know that I can type in "10.11"manually and the GP client shows me the running version in "Host State -> Host-info -> OS" but it looks like the GP Client cannot check things like the status of the disk-encryption.

Does anyone know when PaloAlto will support 10.11 for the HiP configuration?

Thanks,

Stephan

hip check for macs is still a known issue / open bug in Globalprotect. Seriously, Palo, this is why went with Palo (hip check for vpn users) and its extremely dissappointing as a customer to see this a known issue for over 10 months now?

L2 Linker

We have users trying 10.11.1 and while it appears the VPN portion of GlobalProtect is working, the HIP checks are failing to operate, as expected, since the v2.3.2 client doesn't officially support OSX 10.11. 

Here is a Hip Check detailed record from one of our 10.11.1 users:

Screenshot.png

I'm disappointed that PAN didn't support OSX 10.11.0 at release, let alone at 10.11.1, since Developer / beta versions were available for quite a long period prior to release.

I look forward to a version of the GlobalProtect client that fully supports OSX 10.11 so I can make my users happy. 

Update: Working well in production - recommended.

One cosmetic caveat: In the OSX client, if you go into the Panel -> Host State tab, you will find that for many categories, the Prod data is not displayed. Its cosmetic only - the correct data does go to the firewalls. Fix is slated for version 2.3.4. 

Some good news for the day: The GlobalProtect 2.3.3-5 client with application content 539 (or later) seems to be the magic combination. Both VPN and HIP Checks are working properly on our OSX 10.11.1 test "victim" machines. User testing is scheduled - but so far, so good

Jason

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!