Global Protect for ios/android

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect for ios/android

L6 Presenter

Hi,

What are the reasons to use Global Protect Gateway license (for software at markets) instead of Xauth for ios/android ?

Can someone tell all of them?

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Benefits of GP gateway license for iOS and Android are given below.

1. GP for iOS and Android supports SSL and IPSec VPN and automatic multiple gateway selection. The built in VPN client only support Ipsec and single gateway.

2. If you wish to use the Apple store App or Goggle Play then you require the gateway license.

3. GP agent can deliver 'internal' user-ip mappings automatically.

4. HIP

Smiley Happy

Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

L4 Transporter

GP license.PNG.png

I did not mean license requirements .I know them.

I mean only differences are HIP, multi/internal gateway  ???

Hi panos,

If you want to use Palo Alto Network App on your Android/ iOS devices in order to connect  through GP, then we need a gateway license for the same. You will get better compatibility, more features, easy to implement and including HIP and multi/internal Gateway.

Thanks

ok Thanks

so we can say compatibility and easy to implement.That makes sense.As HIP and gateway functions are rare for usage I asked for what anything else.

Regards.

Hi,

Could you please give me some time, i will try to collect max possible information about it and i will update you by tomorrow EOD.

Thanks

Sure,

Thanks so much for help.

Hi,

Benefits of GP gateway license for iOS and Android are given below.

1. GP for iOS and Android supports SSL and IPSec VPN and automatic multiple gateway selection. The built in VPN client only support Ipsec and single gateway.

2. If you wish to use the Apple store App or Goggle Play then you require the gateway license.

3. GP agent can deliver 'internal' user-ip mappings automatically.

4. HIP

Smiley Happy

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Hi Panos,

Do you have further query on this..?

Thanks

Thanks for details.

Regards.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!