Global Protect time out - automatic reconnect attempt?

L6 Presenter

Re: Global Protect time out - automatic reconnect attempt?

Hello kk555,

There was a issue in 2.2.0 where client re-authenticates despite of running in on-demand mode. Try in 2.4.0, let me know if it helps.

If now, I will have to do further investigation.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

L0 Member

Ok, I'll turn up 2.4.0 on a few test clients and see if it continues and will watch this thread for further information.

Thank you

L6 Presenter

Thanks, kk555, thats a good idea.

L0 Member

Ok, I have two clients on 2.0.4, one windows and one mac.

They're both still exhibiting the same problem: once the 24 hour session "times out", they attempt to reconnect and cause a re-authentication instance to occur.

So that did not fix the problem.

L6 Presenter

Hi KK555,

I am pretty sure if device goes to sleep/Hibernate mode or if user manually dis-connect, then GP shouldnt try to re-connect in on-demand mode.

I would suggest you to open a TAC case. Because this can be expected behavior that after "Login Lifetime" it tries to reconnect.

TAC Engineer should be able to confirm the same.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

Highlighted
L0 Member

If the user clicks disconnect, it does not occur.

This is only when their login timeout reaches the limit.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!