GlobalProtect Agent, PostRequest failed with error code 12007

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Agent, PostRequest failed with error code 12007

L2 Linker

Hi, my customer can't access vpn, the agent log show that there's an error "PostRequest failed with error code 12007"

It happens with some users, but my PC and VMware can access it so this should not be configuration error on firewall device.

then I go Wireshark on the client seeing no traffic destine for the IP of SSL VPN Portal and Gateway. so it could be the bug with TCP/IP stack ?

and also error can associated with MS error code or not ?

Error Messages
ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

The server name cannot be resolved

Picture 2.png

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Can you do a DNS lookup for the portal FQDN?

Yes, It can.

Can you try using the ip address instead of the FQDN?

I have tried, but it also not works.

PS.Now, after I have uninstalled (use tools) then it's ok

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

The error message you received "ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED", the client failed to resolve the FQDN of the portal. Can you do a DNS lookup for the portal FQDN? Can you try using the ip address instead of the FQDN?

Can you do a DNS lookup for the portal FQDN?

Yes, It can.

Can you try using the ip address instead of the FQDN?

I have tried, but it also not works.

PS.Now, after I have uninstalled (use tools) then it's ok

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!