GlobalProtect Configuration Vanishing

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect Configuration Vanishing

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I have been struck with some bizzare issues for my customer which is leading me no-where.  The issues are as follows:

-  The customer was using SSL-VPN NetConnect when on version 4.0.5.

-  There were issues regarding ARP Cache limits as the PA-500 has only ARP cache limit of 500.

- We were told that PAN would be increasing the ARP cache limit to 1000 in version 4.1 which led me to upgrade the customer to version 4.1.0

- Unfortunately, I then realised that the ARP cache still remains the same under version 4.1.0

-  After upgrading to version 4.1.0, all the SSL-VPN (NetConnect) configuration as we all know was migrated to Global Protect.

- Since then, the Global Protect functioned absolutely fine and we were left with the ARP cache problem.

- A week ago, the customer came back to me saying that the configuration for Global Protect has vanished.

- I tried out with the help of my local support on what could be the reason and we could not find anything hence forcing us to roll back to the configuration where the Global Protect was working (No network changes were made and nothing was modified or changed with respect to Global Protect.  The only changes were with some policies and adding addresses to policies).

- Again, today, the customer comes back saying we've lost the network configuration of Global Protect.  This is something serious.

- Are there known issues with Global Protect under version 4.1.0?  If not, then what could be the reason for this.

- Hoping to have some one come back to me soon on this.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Kal

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jdelio,

It was established that this is a bug in version 4.1.X.  Out of the two advanced options under commit, if only one is selected, then this deletes the configuration of GlobalProtect.  So it was recommended that we check both the options to commit rather than going for a selective commit. 

Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

For this issue, we really recommend that you contact support and open a ticket on this issue to get a resolution for you, as this should not be happening.

Kind regards,

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Hi Jdelio,

It was established that this is a bug in version 4.1.X.  Out of the two advanced options under commit, if only one is selected, then this deletes the configuration of GlobalProtect.  So it was recommended that we check both the options to commit rather than going for a selective commit. 

Hopefully, it will be fixed in the next release.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kal

Just figured out this would be fixed in version 4.1.4.  Surprising that I find no one facing this issue.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!