GlobalProtect - Disk encryption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect - Disk encryption

L2 Linker

Hi,

I already searched about this topic but I did not find anything useful.

I want to force our clients to have disk encryption enabled when they want to access our Network via GlobalProtect. I am able to check if the Encryption Software is installed (File Vault in this case) but I want to check if the Disk is encrypted too. I know I could do that via "Encrypted Locations" but our clients named their HDDs like they want. I already looked into the HIP-Match log and found about 20 different hard disk names within 10 minutes =/ so my question is if there is a possibility to create a rule which is independent from the name or location of the hard disk. Something like "Encrypted locations: all"

Thanks in advance

Stephan

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

I tested all known possibilities without success.....=/ If nobody could answer this I think it's time to create a Service Request.

Cheers

Stephan

L6 Presenter

Hello SD,

At max you can specify Encryption software in HIP Object, but I didnt find option to check if it has encrypted the disk or not.

It appears to be a Feature Request. You may want to check with your Sales Engineer.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

HI hshah,

thanks for you answer so I am not the only person who is not able to configure it. I just wanted to know if I am stupid or not Smiley Wink.

I will contact my Sales Engineer and will update this post when I know something new about it.

Thanks

Stephan

L7 Applicator

Here is the Feature Request details for your reference: You can consult with your PAN SE for the same.

Request-1: client-side AV, Desktop firewall, laptop URL filter, disk encryption

FR ID: 3069

Request-2: Add HIP reports to "Related logs" in Monitor

FR ID: 2574

Thanks

Hi Sd,

As Hulk Mentioned we have opened Feature Request for the same, now contact your sales engineer, he will put a request on your behalf.

This feature should be available in future release. SE would be the best person to provide time estimation.

Feel free to ask further question.

Regards,

Hardik Shah

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!