GlobalProtect VPN prelogon 2FA/MFA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect VPN prelogon 2FA/MFA

L0 Member

Hello everyone,

I have a question for which I can't find any documentation to solve it.

Our security manager wants to increase security at the VPN prelogon.

Since version 9.0 PANOS, its possible to make a VPN prelogon with 2FA or SAML authentication. 

->  GlobalProtect Prelogon PANOS 9.0 

Is it possible that the 2FA/SAML authentication phase will take place before the VPN prelogon tunnel is formed?

In the documentation it is stated that this 2FA/SAML authentication phase takes place after the formation of the VPN tunnel (which is secured with a machine certificate for tunnel access).

Can we do this 2FA/SAML authentication phase before the formation of the prelogon VPN tunnel since in the configuration of the globalProtect its possible to secure the portal or gateway with a SAML server?

Have a great day,

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

At the beginning of the documentation that you shared it says: "The GlobalProtect app for Windows and Mac endpoints now supports pre-logon followed by two-factor authentication for user login."  For my understanding, the pre-logon continues to be the same with the machine certificate, but for the user to login you can use the 2FA.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

At the beginning of the documentation that you shared it says: "The GlobalProtect app for Windows and Mac endpoints now supports pre-logon followed by two-factor authentication for user login."  For my understanding, the pre-logon continues to be the same with the machine certificate, but for the user to login you can use the 2FA.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!