GlobalProtect VPN usage reports?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect VPN usage reports?

L3 Networker

I'd like to generate a scheduled report of all the GlobalProtect VPN users connected in the last 24 hours. Is this possible to create in Pan OS 7.1?

4 REPLIES 4

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Thi sis how to do it manually:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Run-a-Report-for-Previous-Logged-in-...

Not sure about scheduled but l guess 99% possible 

There isn't a way to generate a custom report with system logs; so you would need to likely rig something up with the API generating an output file of what you need and then create a job that pushes that output out via email. Wouldn't be a very elegent solution.

L1 Bithead

I currently have a custom report setup to review this for 7days on my palo alto.  I made sure the database drop down was set to traffic summary.  Then I simply created a custom report that had a query to include only the source subnet of the VPN users.  Sorted by bytes, grouped by rule.  I can see how much traffic each user has passed on the VPN specific to each rule allow traffic into the org.  I'd imagine something like that could meet your needs as well. 

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing. I created a new custom report for my VPN zone, for Traffic Summary grouped by source user. I also threw in Application just to see what the users were doing, but that can be removed for a regular list

VPN report.JPG

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!