GlobalProtect client updates

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect client updates

Not applicable

Hi all we are a bit behind on the GlobalProtect client for our users (currently on 2.0.0). I assume the update is not incremental. In other words, if I download the most current version (2.0.3) onto our PA-500, our users should get prompted to install which will upgrade them straight from to 2.0.0. to 2.0.3 Is that correct? Also what is with the odd version numbering? (2.0.2 to 1.2.10?)

Capture2.JPG

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

We released 1.2.x and 2.0.x - the two trains in parallel.

And yes, you are correct, if you were to download GP 2.0.3 and activate it on the firewall, the users will be prompted to upgrade their GP client version whenever they connect to GP next.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L4 Transporter

We released 1.2.x and 2.0.x - the two trains in parallel.

And yes, you are correct, if you were to download GP 2.0.3 and activate it on the firewall, the users will be prompted to upgrade their GP client version whenever they connect to GP next.

Thanks

Thank you

Just a suggestion. I tested this out and it works, but the process would definitely be a tad confusing to users. When the client disconnects to run the install there is no status dialog of any kind letting the user know an update is installing.

The PA-500 is showing the VPN client it is out of synch now. It seems the global protect client did not synch with the backup device.  When I did the download it told me the synch was successful? Is this normal? Do I need to synch manually?

Capture.JPG

Yes activating the version on the peer device is a manual task. When you click sync to peer it copies the installer to the peer device but the activate function is a per device task. (I too wish this was pushed to the peer device!).

Got it thanks. That wasn't very obvious from the prompt and success response.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!