GlobalProtect portal data collection available in logs?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect portal data collection available in logs?

L2 Linker

Starting with PAN-OS 9.0 there is the ability to assign specific agent configurations based on software and app settings on GlobalProtect portal configuration.

It's possible to collect registry data from Windows endpoints under the new tab "Portal Data Collection".

portal-data-collection-custom-checks-windows

Now my question. Is it possible to see somewhere in the logs what data was collected on the endpoints?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@saswins,

Correct, you need HIP objects to see the information collected by the agent.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

All of the data being collected will be in the 3rd party OPSWAT library.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Whre can I access this OPSWAT library?

The data in the OPSWAT logs that are in the library are usually not intended for customer access. 

Any of the data  that you can see is in the report from GP client, and you can also see the report on the firewall.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

However I don't understand your first answer then. I asked where can I see the data collected from "Portal Data Collection" and you said on OPSWAT logs. But without access it's not possible.

That means I have to use HIP to collect data and then I can access it in the HIP logs.

Is the above statement still stand true ? Do we need HIP Objects/Profiles to see the data collected from Client ?

@saswins,

Correct, you need HIP objects to see the information collected by the agent.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!