Google Drive Windows application

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Google Drive Windows application

L4 Transporter

Hello,

It seems like the Google Drive windows application application does not work with ssl decryption enabled.

Maybe you need to add it to the list of applications excluded from ssl decryption?

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1423

Is it possible to edit this list?

Jo Christian

/Jo Christian
4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I am decrypting Google Drive with Riverbed optimization appliance and it works , but it fails when I activate it on PA.

My guess is that it can work SSL decryption, but when PA decrypts it may be blocked/bugging because of some malformed HTTP requests / special cases ....

There is a way to add your own. I just worked with Palo Alto to "fix" dropbox as with content update 308, *.dropbox has been removed. To re-add it I had to go into configure mode and then:

set shared ssl-decrypt ssl-exclude-cert "*.dropbox.com"

and then commit.

show shared ssl-decrypt

ssl-decrypt {

ssl-exclude-cert *.dropbox.com;

trusted-root-CA;

forward-trust-certificate device-panssl;

forward-untrust-certificate device-panssl;

}

[edit]

They could not figure out how to remove it, so make sure you want it before adding it.

I am also having problems with Google drive. As a workaround, I bypassed all things google for SSL. I still have a Palo Alto case open to see if they can come up with a better work around.

Theres a whole bunch of google stuff you will have to allow: https://support.google.com/drive/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2589954&topic=14951&ctx=topic

Google Drive for your PC/Mac

• www.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • accounts.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • clients3.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • talk.google.com:5222/XMPP
  • drive.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • www.googleapis.com:443/HTTPS
  • ssl.gstatic.com:443/HTTPS
  • *.docs.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • *.drive.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • *.googleusercontent.com:443/HTTPS

Google Drive on the web

• s.ytimg.com:443/HTTPS
  • video.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • lh3.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • lh4.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • lh5.google.com:443/HTTPS
  • lh6.google.com:443/HTTPS

thank you, this is very informative

I was reading that there is a delete command to remove the ssl exclusions:

set shared ssl-decrypt ssl-exclude-cert "*.dropbox.com"

delete shared ssl-decrypt ssl-exclude-cert "*.dropbox.com"

SSL 1 (1).JPG

SSL 2.JPG

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!