H.225 Content Inspection

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

H.225 Content Inspection

Not applicable

I am having a problem with VOIP communications passing through my PA-4020's. The PA is recognising the H.225 application, however it would appear that the content inspection is not translating the IP addresses within the application payload,  I do have a NAT rule setup for the IP address in question.

Specifically I am talking about H.225 registration confirm, which is a response from the gatekeeper to my endpoint indicating the transport IP address, this is the IP address that fails to be translated.

Does the PA have ALG support for H.225 to convert the network layer address information found inside the application payload?

Regards,

James.

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

There is to be enhanced support for H323 in the upcoming 4.1 release.https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1968

Until then if you'd like, PA Support can be asked to take a closer look at this issue - though there may not be an immediate solution at this time.

• 1 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!