HA Active/active vwire different location

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA Active/active vwire different location

Dear All,

We want to deploy 2 firewall PAN in 2 different location (Building) but same area/complex. Is there any ideal distance for HA link for both firewall? Is it need to directly or i can use via switch?

topology.png

Can i deploy this topology? is there any suggest? 

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@gabriel_simatupang,

Yes and No. 

While your topology would work perfectly fine you would have to utilize aux-1/2 or the management interface for your Control Link, you would then need to configure an interface as an HA interface for your Data Link instead of the hsci interfaces. 

Essentially it'll work perfectly fine, you just lose the ability to utilize the hsci interface. 

hai @BPry how if i do something like this below:

Topology 2.png

what i want to ask are:

1. is this topology will works for active/active vwire HA?

2. there is any concern with this topology?

3. HA link different building still recommended?

@gabriel_simatupang,

That topology should would perfectly fine, but I am missing why you need vwire2 at all. From the diagram it looks as though if you lost the router in Building A or B, traffic would traverse to the other switch and out that buildings router right? So at that point simply maintaning vwire 1 and dropping vwire 2 should be sufficient, unless the switch in building A has direct access to the router in building B and I'm just not seeing that in the diagram. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!