HA Split Brain After Upgrade from 5.0.8 to 6.0.3

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HA Split Brain After Upgrade from 5.0.8 to 6.0.3

L3 Networker

We have a pair of 5050s that we recently tried to upgrade, however we ran into an issue where once both of the PANs were upgraded they went into split brain. Its currently setup with some basic HA active/standby settings for 5.0. so I'm not sure why this would change in 6.0.3. We had to roll back to stay within our maintance window. Has anyone else had issues with HA after upgrading?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Hello Rob,

Do you have a chance to see ha-agent logs from both firewall. It should give you the reason behind the split-brain state:

> show high-availability state

> show log system subtype equal ha

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Do you have a support case open?

If so, would you mind sharing the case number?

I'm looking at the similar upgrade path and have my sales engineer tracking HA issues for me.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

L2 Linker

I'm also interested in this as we are planning a similar upgrade as well.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!