1. What is the interval for HIP reports that the GP client sends to the gateway?
2. Is it configurable?
3. What triggers HIP report sending?
The default HIP check interval is 1 hour or as seen in the PanGPS logs is displayed in miliseconds as 3600000 ms. The following is what the default interval would look like in the PanGPS logs:
(T11392) 10/03/17 14:16:54:277 Debug(6007): Hip check interval is 3600000 ms.
To change the default interval time this would be modified on the Portal configuration using the following CLI commands:
debug global-protect portal interval <seconds>
debug global-protect portal on
- The new HIP interval will affect all users and all portals
- This setting will remain even after a firewall reboot
- To verify the settings change in the CLI use:
> debug global-protect portal show
cfg.global-protect.portal.hip-report-interval: 60 ( here I changed the setting to update every 60 seconds )
Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.
The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!
These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!
The Live Community thanks you for your participation!