HTTP and sql injection by facebook-mail

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

HTTP and sql injection by facebook-mail

L0 Member

Hi all,

We recently found a threat "HTTP SQL Injection Attempt" (ID = 30514) with the application "facebook-mail".

We found that information quite strange. What does it mean exactly?

Was there some patterns (for example a SQL specific pattern) in the mail?

I had a packets capture, but I wasn't be able to find something interesting in there.

I'm sure that some experts here can help me to understand that point.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4

L0 Member

Hi,

I checked the PCAP you sent but since it was incomplete, I couldn't see the HTTP contents.

The very likely cause of the signature triggering would be that there was a URL contained within the traffic which contained SQL injection traffic. If you have the entire PCAP available, I can help in analyzing that.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hello Sjain,

The PCAP is the only pcap i have (obtained from the Appliance with the option "packet capture" on my vulnerabilities profiles).

Is it possible to obtain more complete captures in the future?

I assume you are right about the URL containing the SQL injection, unfortunately, it seems no possible to check now...

Regards,

Hi,
I am checking with engineering on partial pcap issue. For better tracking, I'd recommend filing a support case though.

Thanks,
Sandeep

Hi,

If you are filing a support case, please let me know the case #. Also include "show system info" output in the case.

Thanks,
Sandeep

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!