Harddisk Diagnostic Run test

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Harddisk Diagnostic Run test

Not applicable

Hi All,

Have you guys any experience to do harddisk diagnostic test on PA5020? if yes, how long i should wait? because i run the box almost 4 hours but till now no response from the box. there is no progress indicator so i dont know whether it still running or not.

below is the last output. could i just stop it or must wait till finish?

-------

Random Data                    0

Running Disk Performance Test

Bonnie output:

Version 1.03d ------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random-

-Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--

Machine        Size K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP  /sec %CP

nimble           7G 50371  99 204177  24 87598  17 52865  99 253642  29 5178

------Sequential Create------ --------Random Create--------

-Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete--

files /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP  /sec %CP

16 +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++

Marina,7G,50371,99,204177,24,87598,17,52865,99,253642,29,5178.3,20,16,+++++,+++,

+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++

1. done.

Stat files in sequential order...done.

Delete files in sequential order...done.

Create files in random order...done.

Stat files in random order...done.

Delete files in random order...done.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I think the disk check is no longer running.I have attached the Sample output from a 4000 series firewall below but it might differ based on platforms:

Diagnostics" and ran the "Test Disk Performance with Bonnie++" selection you suggested. Here's the output ...

===================================================

Testing....

Using uid:0, gid:0.

Writing with putc()...done

Writing intelligently...done

Rewriting...done

Reading with getc()...done

Reading intelligently...done

start 'em...done...done...done...

Create files in sequential order...done.

Create files in random order....Using uid:0, gid:0.

Writing with putc().............................................................done.

Writing intelligently......................done

Rewriting........................................done

Reading with getc()...........................................................done

Reading intelligently...................done...........................Bonnie output:

Version 1.03d------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random- -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--

MachineSize K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP /sec %CP

Thor 2G 32269 99 99629 43 48146 15 33579 96 118085 16 268.7 1 ------Sequential Create------ --------Random Create-------- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- files /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP 16 +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++

Thor,2G,32269,99,99629,43,48146,15,33579,96,118085,16,268.7,1,16,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++

done.

Try to exit out by pressing Ctrl+C or Esc.

In addition to that I would also recommend you perform FSCK disk check from the maintenance mode.

fsck.PNG

Once the FSCK disk check is done, reboot the device and examine the reboot sequence and look for emask/ata errors.

You also see that in system logs of the firewall sometimes:-

19:00:56 10.3.66.2 10.3.66.2 1,2010/05/04 19:00:56,0002C111111,SYSTEM,general,0,2010/05/04

19:00:56,,general,,0,0,general,critical,ata2.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

If you see this, it possible means you have corrupt hard drive.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Parth

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I think the disk check is no longer running.I have attached the Sample output from a 4000 series firewall below but it might differ based on platforms:

Diagnostics" and ran the "Test Disk Performance with Bonnie++" selection you suggested. Here's the output ...

===================================================

Testing....

Using uid:0, gid:0.

Writing with putc()...done

Writing intelligently...done

Rewriting...done

Reading with getc()...done

Reading intelligently...done

start 'em...done...done...done...

Create files in sequential order...done.

Create files in random order....Using uid:0, gid:0.

Writing with putc().............................................................done.

Writing intelligently......................done

Rewriting........................................done

Reading with getc()...........................................................done

Reading intelligently...................done...........................Bonnie output:

Version 1.03d------Sequential Output------ --Sequential Input- --Random- -Per Chr- --Block-- -Rewrite- -Per Chr- --Block-- --Seeks--

MachineSize K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP K/sec %CP /sec %CP

Thor 2G 32269 99 99629 43 48146 15 33579 96 118085 16 268.7 1 ------Sequential Create------ --------Random Create-------- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- -Create-- --Read--- -Delete-- files /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP /sec %CP 16 +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++ +++++ +++

Thor,2G,32269,99,99629,43,48146,15,33579,96,118085,16,268.7,1,16,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++,+++++,+++

done.

Try to exit out by pressing Ctrl+C or Esc.

In addition to that I would also recommend you perform FSCK disk check from the maintenance mode.

fsck.PNG

Once the FSCK disk check is done, reboot the device and examine the reboot sequence and look for emask/ata errors.

You also see that in system logs of the firewall sometimes:-

19:00:56 10.3.66.2 10.3.66.2 1,2010/05/04 19:00:56,0002C111111,SYSTEM,general,0,2010/05/04

19:00:56,,general,,0,0,general,critical,ata2.00: exception Emask 0x0 SAct 0x0 SErr 0x0 action 0x6 frozen

If you see this, it possible means you have corrupt hard drive.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards

Parth

Not applicable

btw how long it takes to finish? can i just power off?

L4 Transporter

Hi,

There is no time limit to this.I have seen cases where it takes 15-20 minutes for the same out put as you see.

However, you can exit out by pressing Ctrl+C or Esc and go back to the main menu and reboot the device.

Once rebooted completely, you can shut it down if you want.

Regards

Parth

Not applicable

Hi Parth

btw what is the correct behavior? does the box will auto reboot after finish? or we need to press something? how about it ctrl + c or esc not response?

L4 Transporter

The box does not automatically boot.

Keep entering either 'Q' or 'Ctrl+C' to exit the job to main menu where there is an option to reboot. Look at the attachment in my first reply.

When you navigate to the bottom of the list, there is an option to reboot.

Regards

Parth

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!