Home internet acccess with 1gb but...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Home internet acccess with 1gb but...

L4 Transporter

Hello,

Looking for suggestions and recommendation,  just got an offer from the ISP to upgrade the Internet speed to 1Gig down and 10Mbps up for a very good price.  Except I have a PA220, the spec is good for 500Mbps with AppID and 150Mbps with threat.    That just won't fly.  I am aware the 220 can do better than 500Mbps.  I don't think I can go to 32xx series.  The other option is go to VM series.    I want to see anyone is using VM series for their home production firewall and what type of hardware are they running.   It will be great if can share their hardware spec.

Thanks,

E

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@nextgenhappines,

I'll have to look at the specs when I get home, but I simply took an older server from work and installed ESXi on it and installed a VM-100 VM to be utilized as a firewall. It has 2 vCPUs as required, 8GBs of memory, and something like a 75GB drive assigned to it at the moment. 

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!