How do I create a browsing report thats easy for a CEO to read...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do I create a browsing report thats easy for a CEO to read...

L2 Linker

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a report out of our Palo Alto firewall that shows the following.

For a period of 1 month

Users Hours\Sessions on a website

Top 20 visited websites.

Top 20 Categories.

We are using the user agent so all the data should be there, I can see some of it but getting this into a format that easy to read for a CEO?

Can someone please help me?

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

Hello Tezza,

You can create a custom report Under GUI > Monitor > Manage Custom Reports, as mentioned below.

Time Frame: Last 30 days

Short by: Session

Group By- Category

Add from available columns

>>>>> Then run the report and save it as a PDF. I hope this type of PDF will be ok to send to your CEO. Smiley Happy

Step:-1

User-Report-1.JPG

Step:-2

User-Report-2.JPG

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

As far as I know (@community: correct me if I am wrong), your report with the top 20 visited sites will not be possible out of the box. This is because in the url field of the logs you have the full url. So for example for every search on google of a user you have a different url log entrywith different url's. To make this report usable you have to extract only the FQDN from the log and create the report with this data. This could be done for example with splunk.

For the other report with the spent time on a website it's kind of the same. To create this, you need to link the url log entry with the session start and end entries from the traffic log. But even then the report will not produce reliable output, because the session in the browser of a user could remain open even the user is not looking at the website anymore and is now doing something else on his computer.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!