How do I set up VPN for Windows and IOS devices?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do I set up VPN for Windows and IOS devices?

Not applicable

I'm trying to figure out how to allow users to VPN into the Palo Alto, and I was wondering what my options are?

I attempted GlobalProtect, but it really was not clear on how to allow users to download the client for the first time. I'm not sure that I want to pay for it if all I'm doing is allowing users to VPN anyways.

I've set up an IPSec VPN to a dynamic address, and i put in the PSK in the Windows dialog, but it requires a peer identification, which is nowhere to be found in the windows VPN setup dialog. It also asks for a username, password, and domain, and the Palo Alto does not allow me to associate the login information anywhere.

2 REPLIES 2

L6 Presenter

Global Protect is the best option for you. after configuring the global protect, users will get the client software if they reach the portal address via a web browser. please have a look at this doc which might be helpful for you.

Configuring GlobalProtect Tech Note PAN-OS 4.1 (Rev D)

The second document has a screen shot of how to download global protect client software on to the client (windows devices).

Well, I get unauthorized when I try to access that page. Do I need a globalprotect license to set up GlobalProtect?

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!