How do one completely drop packets for a specific url or url-category?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How do one completely drop packets for a specific url or url-category?

L3 Networker

When setting up an url-filtering you can choose from the following actions:

Allow

Block

Continue

Override

Alert

The downside with block (like when blocking the category web-advertisements) is that the content is exchanged into the response page for blocked url filtering.

How should I setup the policy if I want to completely drop all packets that belongs to the category web-advertisments (so that the client wont get anything in return not even the block page) - but at the same time having the block page work for other categories (lets say the spyware-and-malware)?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello RPS, currently we cannot get that granular per url filtering category.

You will need to call into support and submit this as an enhancement request.

thank you

I got a suggestion for workaround in https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/thread/1276?tstart=0

I will contact our support and file this as a request.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!