How many can I create url-filtering profile on 5050?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How many can I create url-filtering profile on 5050?

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I have two questions.

1.How many can I create url-filtering profile on 5050?

2. And I have watched as below output of cli on 3020,

sylee@PA-3020-uquest(active)> show system state filter cfg.general.max* | match profile

cfg.general.max-profile: 150

Is this count including all profiles(AV , AS , Vul , URL , File , Data)?

If right, Can I create only URL filtering profies reach 150 profiles without other profiles on 3020?

Thanks,

KC Lee

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Hello, KC Lee,

you are correct about total number of security profiles. Only limit on URL filtering is the maximum for CUSTOM categories on any of the firewalls, and at the moment that limit is 50 custom URL categories. On the other hand, you should be able to combine up to 750 profiles of any kind on 5050 device.

Information per series (or as you call it "Firewall compare tool") can be found here: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/product-selection.html

Message that you saw for 3020 confirms - you can combine up to 150 profiles on 3020.

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L0 Member

Check the Firewall compare tool, think it has some details regarding these limits.

What is the "Firewall compare tool"?

Where can I get it?

L5 Sessionator

Hello, KC Lee,

you are correct about total number of security profiles. Only limit on URL filtering is the maximum for CUSTOM categories on any of the firewalls, and at the moment that limit is 50 custom URL categories. On the other hand, you should be able to combine up to 750 profiles of any kind on 5050 device.

Information per series (or as you call it "Firewall compare tool") can be found here: https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/product-selection.html

Message that you saw for 3020 confirms - you can combine up to 150 profiles on 3020.

Regards

This is correct. 150 between them all. 

Thank you for your detail answer, Lucky.

My cusotmer use PA-5050 with only url-filtering license.

Can he create Max. 750 url profile without other secruity profile?

Is it available?

Regards,

KC Lee

Hello, KC Lee,

That is the limit of the hardware line combined with the OS on it, it is not limited by licensing, so yes, why not - anything that adds up to 750, does not say "750 out of which max. 250 for something" or anything similar.

Regards

Luciano

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!