How many security rule supported for PA7050?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How many security rule supported for PA7050?

L3 Networker

Hi guys.

Nowadays I have got a project for installing PA7050 but I confused about the PA7050 how many security rule supported for PA7050. Several months ago, I checked the DataSheet and Compare tools of PA7050 that mentioned PA7050 supported 80,000 rules officially. For now the below link also mentioned that PA7050 can support 80,000 rules. 

What is the Maximum Number of Rule Objects Supported?

However, For now compare tool showed that PA7050 supported only 40,000 rules and PA7050 box also said that supported 40,000 rule only via command "show system state | match policy".

What is correct capacity of rules for PA7050 box? Supported 80,000? or 40,000 only? Anybody knows about that issue? Please let me know correct answer.

Thanks.

Regards,

Roh

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

Hello Roh,

From the spec sheet of 7050 and also the output of 'show system state | match policy' with latest panos version it shows 40,000 rules only.

Click on 'show more' under 7050

Product Selection

cfg.general.max-policy-rule: 40000

Hope that helps.

-Dileep

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!