How to convince PAN to know UID mapping for all vsys

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to convince PAN to know UID mapping for all vsys

L1 Bithead

Hi,

We use multi-vsys and XMP API for UID. It works fine for vsys1. We use this sintax for login:

<uid-message>

<version>1.0</version>

<type>update</type>

<payload>

<login>

<entry name="user1" ip="10.1.1.1" timeout="20">

</entry>

</login>

</payload>

</uid-message>

After I paste this sintax in https://PAN_IP/API/<user-id> I see in CLI:

> show user ip-user-mapping ip 10.1.1.1.

IP address:  10.1.1.1 (vsys1)
User:        user1
Idle Timeout: 1196s
Max. TTL:    1196s
Groups that the user belongs to (used in policy)

Question is, how to do, that PAN will recognized this user for all vsys?

I already enable User Identification in zone in vsys 2, and configure in Device->User Identification->Group Mapping Settings LDAP server. I can also see groups in "Group Include List" tab.

Any hint?

Thx, Peter

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

you do the same for all vsys (1 API call per vsys) or set redistribution between VSYS (through the use of loopbacks)

Exactly. We don't set redistribution between vsys. For now, I don't know yet exactly how to do it right (one IP call to one IP). 2 loopbacks means 2 IPs and 2 IP calls, what we don't want. I can't reconfigure existing loopback as share interface, because its production and UID will stop working... But I will look in tech guide.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!