How to deploy CA Palo Alto for non-join Domain!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to deploy CA Palo Alto for non-join Domain!

L1 Bithead

Dear All,

we have done to install PALO ALTO 3020 on our network, but I have a problem as follows.

Now I have minimum 150 PCs not join the domain, and we need to deploy the CA for all of them by the automatid way!!! 

everyone from this PCs has a User Name on Active Directory 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

You have anything to manage those machines? Kace? Otherwise I guess you have to users install the cert on their own or write a script to do it for them?   Same problem here but haven't deployed SSL decryption yet.  

L7 Applicator

@MOsama

Are these non domain joined computers only windows and are you also using global protect on the non-domain joined devices?

I don't have anything to manage those machines, just I have Active Directory maybe if you have any solution write it here, please

@Remo

Still, we not working on global protect. and this non-join-domain Is an employee bringing his own computer or his laptop windows based.

With global protect(PAN-OS 8.0.x and GP 4.0.x) you'd have the ability to install a root CA in the clients trust store ... also on non domain joined computers.

But in your case, the only way is that your users install the cert on their own

@Remo

My understanding that I need to deploy the CA for all the user's device by device! 

no way to deploy the CA by an automated way.

If I correct please tell me 🙂

Yes to be able to decrypt SSL you need to install your own CA cert into all devices.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!