How to export logs from API to SQL Database

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to export logs from API to SQL Database

L2 Linker

So we are looking for a way of exporting log data directly to a SQL data db? Does anyone know a way of doing this?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@bhakti1213,

That isn't going to work without a host modifying the data in the middle of the connection to the best of my knowledge. Your SQL DB doesn't know how to parse the XML, so you'll need something to actually get the information via the API, parse the response, and then feed the information into the proper SQL table. 

I am working on this but not using the API.

I backup all my traffic logs to a Linux box, and have a script that imports the logs into MYSQL. 

Work in progress though.

@RobinClayton,

Either the API or exporting the logs to a different Syslog server would be great answers for something like this. If you're more comfortable with XML then I would recommend using the API. If you are more comfortable with Syslog (as many likely are) then that side of things makes more sense. Either solution essentially gives you the result you're looking for @bhakti1213

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!