How to list all configured values for a template?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to list all configured values for a template?

L1 Bithead

Is there a way to list all configured values for a given template? I have searched the tech docs and Community but can't find a good answer for this.

Background: I inherited a Template Stack in Panorama, and one of the templates has an oddball naming convention and doesn't SEEM to contain any values at all (browsing manually through the screens in the Panorama web GUI).

Before I remove that Template from the Stack entirely, I would like to see all the configured values it has (if any) to ensure nothing breaks. Any ideas on how to do this?

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

On the panorama CLI you are able to show the config of a template with this command in config mode:

configure
show template TEMPLATENAME

View solution in original post

@lukewalcher

I updated my last post as the command was wrong ...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

--> check the config in CLI

What command specifically are you referring to? When I previously tried 'show config pushed-template' on one of the affected firewalls, the problem with that was that it showed ALL config pushed from the entire Template Stack. I just want to see the config pushed from a single Template in that Stack. Does that make more sense?

On the panorama CLI you are able to show the config of a template with this command in config mode:

configure
show template TEMPLATENAME

I should have been more specific: how can I accomplish this goal on 8.0.13?

admin@mypanorama(primary-active)> show config ?
> audit       Config audit information
> candidate   Candidate configuration
> diff        Diff running and candidate configuration
> list        List
> repo        Config repository
> running     Running configuration
> saved       Saved configuration
> synced      Configuration last synchronized with HA peer

That's all I get. :s

I also googled this, and it came back with no results. Could there be a syntax error in your reply?

palo alto networks "show config template"

@lukewalcher

I updated my last post as the command was wrong ...

You just won Luke's IT Hero of the Day Award!

THANK YOU!!!! This was EXACTLY what I needed!!!! What a great Community!

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!