How to monitor for VOIP traffic interuptions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to monitor for VOIP traffic interuptions?

L4 Transporter

Hi folks,

We've had a couple of occassions lately when our Lync phone system all of sudden will stop sending/receiving external calls.  In this case a restart of the Windows server Lync Mediation service restored service.

Our carrier does a  "heartbeat" type of session ping every second and I can see the gap in this communication during the downtime.  It took a user complaint to detect the problem.

Would anyone know if there is a way at the PA firewall that I could alert when these session pings stop?  At 14:12:17 for example?

voipsessionping.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The PAN cannot generate alerts that granular. I would suggest a SIEM alert if you have one. Or a third party monitoring tools such as Solarwinds?

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

The PAN cannot generate alerts that granular. I would suggest a SIEM alert if you have one. Or a third party monitoring tools such as Solarwinds?

Regards,

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@OMatlock,

In this instance I would use something like OSSIM if you aren't looking to spend any money for something capable of triggering alerts for this. 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!