How to track current number of SSL VPN users?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to track current number of SSL VPN users?

Not applicable

I am looking for a way to report on the number of current SSL VPN users.  I would prefer a solution that let's me track this via snmp.  I have looked in the MIB for 4.1 and I do not see this anywhere listed in the MIB, I am hoping that someone can point it out to me.

Bonus points, does anyone know if there is a way to have the VPN portal change the gateway settings depending on current user load?

Thanks for any advice,

Kris

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

I don't believe currently there is a way to track this through MIBS. But you can for sure look at the currently logged in or previous users in the GUI under

Network---->Global Protect -----> Gateway -----> Click on the more user info and that will display the required information

Capture.JPG

The above information can also be retrieved from CLI with following commands

admin> show global-protect-gateway previous-user

GlobalProtect Name : internal_gateway (0 users)

Domain User Name       Computer        Client          Private IP      Public IP       ESP     SSL     Login Time      Logout/Expiration TTL       Inactivity TTL

------ ---------       ---------       ----------      ---------       ---     ---     ----------      ----------------- ---       --------------

admin> show global-protect-gateway current-user

GlobalProtect Name : internal_gateway (0 users)

Domain User Name       Computer        Client          Private IP      Public IP       ESP     SSL     Login Time      Logout/Expiration TTL       Inactivity TTL

------ ---------       ---------       ----------      ---------       ---     ---     ----------      ----------------- ---       --------------

admin@LAB-123-PA-500>

For the second question i think you are asking about the licensed version of global protect. If you have the licensed version of the global protect then you can configure multiple gateways and depending on the locality the client connects to different gateways. In other words GP measures latency from each external gateway configured and connects to the one which is has lowest latency.

Also here are some good Tech Notes on Global Protect

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2020

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-1666

Hopefully this helps.

Thank you

Numan

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!