I cant delete or repair this program............Help!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I cant delete or repair this program............Help!!!!!

L0 Member

The Global Protect Agent on my computer does not work correctly. I have tried un-installing the program but it wont allow me.

It keeps failing and advising:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

If I try to repair the install I get the following message:

The procedure entry point K32GetProcessImageFileNameA could not be located in the dynamic library KERNEL32.dll.

Can anyone help me before my keyboard breaks due to the tears of dispair dripping down.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@seanlewi,

So the first thing to check, and the agent should be doing this but since I don't know your agent number if it's old enough it doesn't, is that you are running this as an administrator. It sounds like this could potentially be your issue if you are using an older agent. 

Outside of that I don't know how much troubleshooting would actually be possible for this. Are you able to install and remove other programs without issue? 

@BPry

Thanks for the reply.

The agent I am running is "Global protect, Version 4.0.4-9"

I presume I am running it as an administrator, it is a personal laptop and I am the sole profile on it.

Yes, I can Install/Uninstall other programs fine. Just seem unable on this program.

I can open the GP Agent fine, but it doesnt seem to be able to connect to my companies VPN through the agent dialogue box.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!