I don't see a facility to schedule a reboot.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I don't see a facility to schedule a reboot.

L0 Member

Hi

I would really like to be able to schedule a reboot at a future time. We are in the process of migrating sites to Panorama from a a local configuration.

The config has to be deployed through the single link into the office. This link is a BGP peer. Unless someone is on site then if we lose the BGP peering the device will be inaccessible. The config has to be pushed through the BGP peering.

One way to recover remotely - would be to have a reboot schedule in say 10mins so that if the deployment fails it should reboot to the last configuration. Would it be possible to request an update for this facility - unless I have missed something.

I see scheduleing for other things. I see "request reboot system" but no other options - no options on the gui either.

This would be very useful I think

4 REPLIES 4

L5 Sessionator

Hi Mike,

I don't think this can be achieved in this scenario. Assuming you pushed a config, which caused BGP to fail and there is no other path we can reach the device. Then there is no way that we could remotely change the config. There is no option as of yet on the firewall, that says commit for 10 minutes and then revert back to old state. This would give you window to see if the configuration was working as expected. There are feature requests for the same, I will suggest you to contact your local Sales / System person, they can vote for the feature request on your behalf. Until then we will need local access to the device in case of failure. Hope this helps. Thank you.

L7 Applicator

Hello Mike,

I do agree with you, specifically when managing a remote device. It would be a great feature whilecommiting major changes and no one available to connect with local console to revert-back the config. As per my knowledge, Juniper SRX series is having this feature as "commit confirm".

We already have a feature request submitted for this. I would suggest you to contact with your PAN SE and vote for it.

Description: Scheduled restart feature

FR ID: 2423

Hope this helps.

Thanks

L7 Applicator

Add to it:

Another FR for the same feature:

Commit Confirmed

FR ID: 1128

Thanks

We do not look like we got honored on this FR, do we?

• 4 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!