IP pool problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IP pool problem

L3 Networker

Hello,

I have an IP pool for GP users  and IP are no being clearing when users disconnect the VPN, to clear this IPs we have to reboot the FW,

Is there other way to clear this addres ? 

this must be cleared automatically after disconnect?

Regards

9 REPLIES 9

Community Team Member

Hi @Marivi,

Can you clarify ?

Are you still seeing the user to IP mapping ?

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

On my side it works.

Which version have you in your palo ?

V.

hello,

7.1.16 ...

hello,

don't see users 

@Marivi,

Are you seeing this anywhere within the Gateway informaiton or where exactly are you seeing the IP not getting released? I'm guessing that everyone needs a bit more information on what/where exactly you are seeing the IP not getting released. 

L7 Applicator

Hmn ... is the IP even released? I never really thought about this, but my assumption was that the clients and the assigned IPs are cached till the pool is full. So when a client that was already connected normally gets the same IP and only if there are no more "free" IPs the firewall takes an IP from the "pool" of not connected devices.

@Remo,

I think everything you've said is the same thing that I've noticed in my testing. As long as the client is still present in the 'Previous Users' table they'll be assigned the same IP address each time they connect. I've never had a time were I've not had a big enough IP Pool, so I can't really speak on what happens if there aren't anymore 'free' IPs. 

L5 Sessionator

Hi

Following @Remo remark.

@Marivi have you got more GP user than IP adress in the pool ?

V.

hello when I put the command > show user ip-user-mapping all, Doesn’t show any IP address from users over Global Protect.

• 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!