IPSec Tunnel performance tips?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSec Tunnel performance tips?

L4 Transporter

Hello folks,

I've seen a this article about improving performance by enabling this Adjust TCP MSS.  Ours is not enabled.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/How-to-Improve-Performance-for-IPSec-Traffi...

Would this be enabled on the public internet facing interface?

I do see some TCP retransmission and reassembled messages in the pcap. 

Our IPSec peer is complaining the application they are using from our side is very slow running and downloading Oracle Apex reports.  Blaming the network and IPSec tunnel since the reports run much faster from Starbucks WiFi.

Wondering if anyone may have a suggestion or comment?

ipsec_performance.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I could be wrog, I think the change should be made on the layer 3 interface you have your portal/gateway config connected to.

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

While I could be wrog, I think the change should be made on the layer 3 interface you have your portal/gateway config connected to.

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!