IPSec VPN Tunnel Throughput Monitoring

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSec VPN Tunnel Throughput Monitoring

Is there a way within the palo alto firewalls to look at the active IPSec VPN tunnel throughput? I have a 3050 firewall with a handful of IPSec tunnels configured (individual and LSPVN tunnels) and I'm wondering how you would know if you were coming close to the throughput limit on IPSec traffic for the model of firewall you have.

8 REPLIES 8

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

We send the netflow info to a 3rd party product that tells us what is going on via the different connections. I think this is the best way since the PAN doesnt really show this historical data but can send netflow to something that does.

Regards,

We have solar winds can i see the throughput there for all the ipsec tunnels?

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

@MP18 wrote:

We have solar winds can i see the throughput there for all the ipsec tunnels?

Hello,

Yes if you have the NTA module and are sending netflow from your tunnel interfaces to the SW collector.

Regards,

Hi,

How can i check I have NTA module?

Right now i am not sending netflow from tunnel interfaces to Solar.

Regards

Mike

MP

Hello,

Browse to the Solarwinds default web page in your environment. Scroll all the way to the bottom and it will list every module you have installed. NPM is the base install that is required. if you have NTA it will also be listed.

Regards,

i have configured the tunnel interface with netflow profile.

my service route for netflow is management - default is this ok?

MP

Hello,

That is fine as long as it is allowed from the MGMT interface to the SolarWInds collector.

Regards,

just curious how the management interface send data of the tunnel interface?

MP

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!