IPsec question

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPsec question

L2 Linker
Hello

I have many IPsec connectios on my PA. But their are 2 that both use 192.168.100.x

Now IPsec A is policy based. So I have configured the proxy ID's. All working fine. Now I have narrowed the routes down to the 2 host I require. Which are 192.168.100.32/32 and .33/32 , IPsec B is a tunnel / route based IPsec. I've added the routes in which are 192.168.100.250/32 and .251/32. Should this be a problem? Also a side note can you have 2 IPsec connections which are policy base (proxy ID's) so they have the same proxy ID's but different routes i.e like I have above

Thanks Nick 🙂
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Sorry I misunderstood the question. This should be OK if you have the routes setup in your virtual router the same way. The PAN would then know where to send the packets.

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello Nick,

Sounds like you have overlapping subnets. There is a PAN solution for this. Check out the following article:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/10/cloud-services/globalprotect-cloud-service-gsg/gpc...

Regards,

But thats the question do i have overlapping subnets as the routes i have for the IPsec's are as followed

IPSec A

192.168.100.250/32

192.168.100.251/32

IPSec B

192.168.100.32/32

192.168.100.33/32

So the IP addresses are not actaully overlapping as i am refereancing them as /32's 

is this correct? 

Hello,

Sorry I misunderstood the question. This should be OK if you have the routes setup in your virtual router the same way. The PAN would then know where to send the packets.

Regards,

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!