IPv6 & User-ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPv6 & User-ID

L1 Bithead

Hi guys, can anyone point me in the right direction to find out if User-ID supports IPV6 address and if so how does that work.

I assume that the only the primary IP address which gets authenticated on the domain gets logged and therefore reported to the PA.   So I'm guessing that in a dual stack LAN all of the possible addresses do not get logged against the users name, and especially not the IPv6 temporary / privacy address.

anyone have any info for me or can point me in the right direction it would be much apprechiated.

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Thanks for the question.

According to the "IPv6 Feature Support Matrix" located here:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2383

IPv6 and User-ID is not supported yet.

Kind Regards,

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

You really should fix permissions to the docs you are linking to...

"

It appears you're not allowed to view what you requested. You might  contact your administrator if you think this is a mistake.

"

Jdelio: Thanks for the link, I guess i'll have to wait to see what happens in this space.

John,

Do you work in this with new versions of PAN-OS?

best,

Tiago

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!