Import LDAP Groups

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Import LDAP Groups

L2 Linker

All,

I am trying to import my LDAP groups, but don't want all of them.  I have too many groups to put them in the Include list.  I also have a large number of local.admin and Folder Access security groups.  SInce I can't filter by OU, how can I filter using negate and wildcards for the security groups I don't want?

I am trying to use something like this:

| (!CN=Folder* ) (!CN=Local* )

Thanks,

Eric

4 REPLIES 4

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@ebrookman,

Drop the ! and it should work fine. 

If I drop the ! That will only import those groups, right? I want those groups left out.

@ebrookman,

I'm sorry, I completely didn't read the entire last sentence of your post. If you wanted to exclude those groups the filter should look something like below. Give that filter a go and we'll both see if my 2230 brain is working correctly. 

(| (!(cn=Folder*))(!(cn=Local*)))

No change.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!