Increase Panorama logging

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Increase Panorama logging

L3 Networker

I currently have a virtual Panorama on esxi running version 8.1.x in legacy mode. The VM is configured with a system disk and an additional 500GB disk for logging.  The 500GB is proving to be not enough as I'm only able to keep a little of 1 month of logs.

I have asked this question to support, but could not really get a clear answer.  Is it possible to shut down panorama and expand the existing 500GB disk to 2TB?  Not sure if Panorama will recognize the unallocated space when the VM powers back on.

If this not an option, what is suggested?  Should I convert from legacy to panorama mode?  I'm still trying to read the caveats of doing that.  I'd prefer not to lose any of the existing logs

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/panorama/8-1/panorama-admin/set-up-panorama/set-up-the-panorama-vi...

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011

thanks. I was already aware of this one.  I was wondering if it's possible to increase the space without deploying a new panorama

@MikeC,

Last bullet point on the page that @Raido_Rattameister linked you. It's possible, but it's a more envolved process, and if you haven't done it before with support to feel comfortable with the process you would want to go through it with them so they can assist in migrating the log files. 

Usually this sort of ticket will get passed to someone that's actually done it before, so if your original TAC member doesn't express confidence in the task, or you don't feel confident in them performing the task, request a more senior member. 

Hi @BPry ,

Yes, this is the confusing part.  This is the same link that I discussed with support. it sounded like it can be done, however, support said this option is only used if I were to deploy a new Panorama.  The way it was explained was, setup a new Panorama VM and then we can copy the old logs to new Panorama.

I should probably escalate the case.

@BPry @Raido_Rattameister 

Maybe another option that makes more sense is to switch from legacy mode to panorama mode?  Do you see any downsides to doing this?

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!