Intermittent User-ID with eDirectory

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Intermittent User-ID with eDirectory

Not applicable

We're on a PA2050, v4.0.5 using eDirectory Agent 3.1.2 (Windows 2008 srvr) connected to two eDirectory servers v.8.8.5.

Users are being identified on the PA, but not all packets or sessions are showing a userid.

If I filter a single busy source IP in the traffic log, over the span of a couple of seconds I might see 80% of packets with the 'SourceUser' identified and the remainder blank. (varies)

The effect of this is that if we try to enforce a rule to block unauthenticated users, internet access becomes unreliable for many users on the network.

The system log shows the PA connecting to LDAP source every 120s as configured.

Any ideas? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

That does sound odd. With this issue, however, I would advise calling into Support so that we can debug further with you.

L6 Presenter

Were you able to get this resolved?

-Renato    

No. I was off sick. I'll call it in ASAP.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!