Issue with upgrading from PAN OS 7.1.18 to version 8

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Issue with upgrading from PAN OS 7.1.18 to version 8

L1 Bithead

Hi All,

We have just had an interesting experience when trying to migrate to version 8.1.11-h1. Basically what appears to happen is the firewall is thrown into a boot loop. We just have a single 5020 - no HA and all the normal lights come on after a reboot, the STS light is amber for about 30 seconds or so and then the lights turn off - rinse and repeat.

After about 30 mins or so I was presented with the maintenance window  - when I connected via serial console and was able to downgrade to version 7.1.18 again. Then I decided to try the base 8.0.0 release, the exact same issue occured only this time I didn't wait 30ish minutes to downgrade - I gave it 5 boot loops and called time on it.

When 8.0 was relased I did download that in preparation for the move, so I'm just wondering if over time (and a few version 7 upgrades) that something corrupted this image perhaps?

How have you guys gone with upgrading to version 8? any tips on where I can go from here? 

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!