KnowBe4 Phishing Training and WildFire testing

L1 Bithead

KnowBe4 Phishing Training and WildFire testing

My company uses KnowBe4 for email phishing training.  During our current campaign we discovered that test emails were getting opened and attachments or hyperlinks were triggered identifying a test failure.  This happened when the user could not have opened the email as they were not at work, nor did they have remote access.  Upon further inspection I discovered the attachment had been tested via WildFire which caused the false positive.

Is anybody out there using KnowBe4 and found a way to get around this issue?  It invalidates IT's stance when our own tools are creating a false positive.  I am not trying to discredit KnowBe4 or compare with other products, because I am sure this would happen with any product that sends test email that flow through the firewall.

Thanks in advance,

-Steve

L5 Sessionator

Re: KnowBe4 Phishing Training and WildFire testing

I am not using the solution you provided, but from a WF perspective, you can always change the verdict from malicious to benign.

The FW and WF solution is working as expected.  You WANT the WF to filter out malicious traffic.

What I would probably do (if this is a training environment) is simply NOT have a WF profile attached to the inbound mail rule, now WF cannot prematurely filter those out.

Just trying to helpful. 

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!