LDAP User Group Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

LDAP User Group Issue

Not applicable

All,

We are trying to start building URL filtering.  I'm noticing that when I try and set groups in the "Group Include List" it stops at a certain letter and just gives me the "more" option but I can never finish populating the list.

Any thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Retired Member
Not applicable

How many groups do you have? If you have a very large number of groups (several hundred or more) then you could hit limits to number of groups that can be used in policy. If that is the case, then it is always recommended to filter groups to only those that you require in policies.

-Richard

Yes, and that is what I'm trying to do (filter).  But when I go into the filter section in the GUI is only lists groups up to a certina point and then just says, "More..." which I can't click on to populate more groups.  I've tried adding them via CLI but it never takes the addition correctly.

Are your groups nested in a multi tier scenario? If so, could you perhaps consider starting the search (Base DN) to be more indented?

The delay in being able to pull nested groups may be causing issues and so you may be getting timed out, before the groups are read correctly.

Not applicable

I've experienced this issue also within the GUI when connecting to large ldap directories... Workaround was to add the groups by the CLI.

Making sure to use full ldap path e.g

set group-mapping GROUP_MAPPER group-include-list "cn=internet power users,ou=www groups,ou=groups,dc=xyz,dc=local"

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!