Licence problem with Iphone/Android GlobalProtect client

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Licence problem with Iphone/Android GlobalProtect client

L1 Bithead

Hi,

In our university, we have two PA-5020 (PANOS 5.0.5) with VPN service configured in actif/passif mode.

We don't have gateway and portal licences activated, as we only need one GlobalProtect portal and one GlobalProtect gateway.

Users with Windows or Mac OS can connect with the GlobalProtect client without any problem.

However, with the new GlobalProtect client for Iphone available on the AppleStore,  the connection fails and  I get the following error message:

"GlobalProtect requires a licence on the gateway."

I don't understand why I need a licence for GlobalProtect Iphone client, whereas no licence is needed for Windows and MacOS GlobalProtect clients.

The same problem occurs using the Android GlobalProtect Client.

Do I miss something on the GlobalProtect configuration?

Thanks for your help

Sylvain

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

That's as expected.

You need GP-Gateway license for Android and iOS.

You can find license information in following document. (page 3)

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

That's as expected.

You need GP-Gateway license for Android and iOS.

You can find license information in following document. (page 3)

Regards,

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Yes, you need Gateway licence. Either you buy them or use a third party vpn client for free.

Here doc for Android https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2990#comment-2190

more easy for iphone.

Rgds

V.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!